9.17.2011

Cloth diapers

A few weeks ago Auston and I decided to switch to cloth diapers. We were both sick of seeing how much stella's diapers contributed to the local landfill. And Stella's skin was so sensitive the only brand we could use were Earth's Best. As far as regular diapers went I loved them. But contributing a whole garbage bag a week to the local landfill, to me, is unacceptable. The one and only time I went to a landfill I cried like a giant granola baby. It made me so incredibly sad to see all the waste.

Anyway, I decided to ask instagram Mama's what type of cloth diapers they used. Bum Genius was in the lead for popularity. So I went online and read reviews. That's the brand we ended up choosing. We bought 20 diapers and a diaper sprayer from www.thanksmama.com.

Two days in and I LOVE them. Before I received the package I was so scared that I would end up hating them and wasting all that money for nothing. To be honest it was a pretty good chunk, $385 I think. Thank god I have no buyers remorse. Best decision I have made in a long time. I wish I would have had them from the very beginning. Oh well, we are planning on giving Stella 2 or 3 more siblings so we will definitely get our money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment